Sean McGlothlin

Sean McGlothlin

Sean is a lifelong resident of the City of Alexandria. He was elected by the citizens of District G in October 2012.   He is currently serving his third term. Sean graduated from Alexandria Senior High School in 1986.  He graduated Louisiana State University Firefighters Training Academy.

Sean worked for the Rapides Parish Police Jury as a firefighter for Rapides Parish Fire Protection District #2, for 14 years.  He retired from Rapides Parish Fire Protection District #2 early, in order to spend more time with his family and grow his lawn and landscaping maintenance business.   SLM Lawn Maintenance has been in operation for over 28 years.

He is a proud husband to wife, Aleshia and together they have 3 children, Emma, Christian and Landry.  Sean and his family are members of Calvary Baptist Church of Alexandria.

Sean is an avid outdoorsman and also an active member of Ducks Unlimited, B.A.S.S. and the NRA.

Sean currently serves as the Chairman for the Courthouse, Coliseum and Legal Committee for 2021.  He was past Chairman for the Coliseum and Parochial Board Liaison and Legal Committee for 2020.  He is a member of the Finance Committee; Public Works, Watershed and Agricultural Affairs Committee; Workforce Development and Grants Committee; Municipal Liaison Committee; Grants: Tourism and Economic Planning and Development Committee; Parochial Board Liaison and Municipal Liaison Committee; Personnel, Elections and Health Committee and Insurance, Ambulance, Fire and Homeland Security Committee of the Rapides Parish Police Jury.

Sean has also served on the Rapides Area Planning Commission and the Cotile Lake Study Committee.

Sean is a member of the National Association of County Officials, where he currently serves on the Agriculture Steering Committee, a member of the Rural Action Caucus and an active participant in the “Safe and Secure Counties” program.  He has also served on the Public Lands Steering Committee.


Find Your District

The interactive Google map below allows you to click and zoom on each RPPJ district.
A link to a search a district map based on a specific address will be coming soon.


Send a Message

If you are needing to submit a work order request for roadwork, ditching, mowing, pothole patching, drainage, culvert work, etc., please visit the Public Works Department webpage and scroll to the bottom to enter the appropriate information.